For personal customers:
· Mortgage and loan repayment deferral for up to three months
· Customers can close fixed savings accounts to access cash with no Early Closure Charge
· Refunds on credit card cash advance fees
· Customers can apply for increased temporary credit card limit
· Customers can request an increased cash withdrawal limit of up to £500
For business customers:
· New or increased overdrafts with no arrangement fees for up to six months
· Capital repayment holidays and reduced payments for up to six months with no arrangement or administration fees
· Fee-free loan funding to replace assets.
The serious flooding across much of North West England and Southern Scotland is likely to have financially affected many people and businesses in those areas. This is a difficult time for those impacted, so NatWest and RBS have introduced a range of measures to support our personal and business customers and ease the financial strain caused.
Les Matheson, CEO of Personal and Business Banking at RBS and NatWest, said: “We want to help the people and business owners affected by the recent flooding by making banking the least of their worries. We’re providing additional credit or access to finance where needed, so they can concentrate in getting their homes or businesses back to normal.
All of our branches in the affected areas have remained open, but we know some of our customers may not be able to get to us. We would urge our affected customers to get in touch with us, either by phone or in a branch, to discuss how we can help them get back on their feet.”
Further information on all the measures being offered, including specific contact numbers, are detailed in the notes to editors. Where a number is not specified, customers should call the following numbers or visit a branch:
NatWest personal banking
RBS personal Banking (with accounts in Scotland) 0345 6002230
RBS personal Banking (with accounts in England) 0345 900 0400
NatWest Business Banking 03457 11 44 77
RBS Personal Banking 03457 888 444